Is There Scientific Evidence To Back Up Claims That UV-C Light Is Germicidal?
Here are some of the many online sources that support the fact that UV-C light effectively kills bacteria, viruses & other pathogens:
1) [WebMD.com] "Can UV Light Be Used to Kill Airborne Flu Virus?"
2) [Wikipedia] "Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation"
3) [GenEngNews.com] "UV Light That Is Safe for Humans but Bad for Bacteria and Viruses"
5) [US National Library of Medicine] "The History of Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation for Air Disinfection"
8) [Applied and Environmental Microbiology] "UVC LED Irradiation Effectively Inactivates Aerosolized Viruses, Bacteria, and Fungi in a Chamber-Type Air Disinfection System"
9) [ScienceMag.org] "Could ultraviolet lamps slow the spread of flu?"
10) [Columbia University Irving Medical Center] "Can UV Light Fight the Spread of Influenza?"